For decades, vinyl has been a popular flooring choice. However, it’s not your typical kitchen flooring option. With the latest technological advancements, the shiny and plastic looking vinyl has undergone a metamorphosis, becoming more matte, durable and wear-resistant than before. There are more reasons why you should make vinyl flooring your top pick.
- It doesn’t require much maintenance. Just make sure to clean it regularly with a damp mop and an approved cleanser to remove any stains.
- Vinyl flooring can be used in the bathroom, kitchen and laundry and so on. This is because when properly installed, it is very resistant to moisture.
- Vinyl floors have padded layers that feel soft under your feet. On top of that, the material will not get cold during winters.
- The price depends on the quality and design options on the floor surface, but this flooring option is generally considered inexpensive.
- Vinyl is a highly durable material and if the flooring is installed well enough, then it can last up to twenty years and that’s quite a long time.
- Vinyl tiles and sheets are easy to clean and maintain. Although prone to stains, it never requires professional cleaning.
- Easy to install, you can DIY or ask a professional to prepare the dry sub-floor for you.
- With vinyl flooring there are plenty of design options to choose from.
- Suffering from asthma or allergies? Vinyl is very hygienic, it can be a good choice if there is an asthmatic at home as it doesn’t retain pollens or dust.
Before you make your purchase, there are a few important things you need to determine.
Determine the thickness needed: A thick wear layer is more necessary than thick flooring. The top layer of the floor needs to be thick and sturdy because that’s what will determine its longevity. The topmost layer will be responsible for resisting wear, tear, rips, gouges and traffic.
Review the warranty: An adage that’s always true is that ‘premium products come with the best warranties’, flooring is no different. It’s essential that you review the warranty, features and performance aspects of the flooring. These three aspects will determine if what you are buying is a good deal or not.
Know the price: There are varieties of design and various quality grades of vinyl flooring. With respect to the quality and design you chose, the price is decided accordingly. While vinyl flooring is affordable compared to other options, the total cost can fluctuate depending on the amount and quality needed.
Vinyl flooring has several advantages over other types of flooring. Its unique composition makes it amongst the best for rooms with a lot of moisture and its cost make it ideal for a renovation on a budget. Just remember to shop smart if you decide to invest in this flooring option, and consult a professional if you need help.